Saturday, June 30, 2012

If any of you recall the crazy adventures in Ericland from a couple years back, you'll remember I appeared in a strange rap video for JPop superstar Otsuka Ai. The story's here: http://archive.metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/676/lastword.asp
and the weird video's here:



Anyway, the coolest part of the story is that I have remained friends with her keyboardist and music director, Ken Kawaii. He comes across as a sort of Japanese Jimmy Page.

Anyway, got to see him bust loose with his own (duet) band tonight, and let me tell you, it was something to behold. He and his drummer are mad geniuses of music. Think Deep Purple meets Frank Zappa. And far, far better than Ms. Ai, as lovely as she may be to behold.

Insanely brilliant, and the best concert I've ever seen in Tokyo hands down (including comparisons with AC-DC, the Stones, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith and Clapton).

I am not kidding.

If you live here, look me up and don't miss out on his next absolutely riveting show of insane musical genius. I'll post the time and date. http://hitsuji.tv/poa/

No comments:

Post a Comment